Technical Operations Manager
Posting Date: February 19, 2019
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Type of employment: Full time
We are looking for a Technical Operations Manager (TOM) who can take DreamHack’s broadcasts to the next level of quality whilst being smooth to operate. In this position, you will be responsible for all things technical that surround one, or several of DreamHack’s broadcasts, may it be the DreamHack Monster Energy Studio or at one of the many DreamHack Festivals.
Who you are
- You have worked for at least 2 years with technical aspects of live video productions, be it television, esports or otherwise.
- You have knowledge of working with Blackmagic products, most notably the ATEM 2M/E, the videohub and URSA broadcast cameras.
- You have worked with CasparCG
- You are adaptable, resourceful and able to develop effective solutions to problems, especially through learning and self-sufficiently finding new information
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas
- You have high stress tolerance and can find solutions to technical problems at critical moments
- You can prioritize time expenditure on technical problems to maximize the value of a specific outcome (be it quality, stability or financial considerations)
- You value team success over personal success
What you’ll do
- Translate the creative wants of producers or other stakeholders into technical deliverables
- Set up and break down production workstations at the DreamHack Festivals and the DreamHack Monster Energy Studio by interconnecting video mixers, audio mixers, graphic generators, screens, computers and many more devices
- Maintenance broadcast equipment (cameras, lenses, video mixers, audio mixers etc.)
- Develop and innovate new concepts to improve the quality of DreamHack broadcasts
- Provide logistical support in the setup and teardown of a Festival
- Learn a lot about all the different fields of technical specialization that go into live video productions to become a true live video production technical generalist
It’s a bonus if you have
- Knowledge of and skills with computer networking
- Worked with Vmix and/or the Newtek 3play
- Worked with the Behringer X32 and/or have experience as a sound technician
- Worked with Ross Video Xpression
- An education in video production, modern media or engineering
- A drivers license
- A forklift license
What we can do for you
We work with cutting-edge technology and deliver great experiences for our audience and our partners. As the interest and the hype around esports and gaming really heating up it is always important for us to put you in a professional context and give you the best tools available.
We feel that our culture is modern with a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home.
We want to meet you! Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title “Technical Operations Manager” in the subject line.
DreamHack is all about entertainment for the digital generation. Founded in 1994 as a BYOC LAN party, DreamHack grew over 20 years to a global phenomenon as the digital festival for today’s youth, hosted throughout Europe and North America. DreamHack festivals feature multiple esports competitions, live music, exhibitions, creative competitions, LAN party, cosplay and much more. DreamHack helped pioneer esports and continues to be one of the largest global producers of esports content. Millions of viewers tune in from all over the world to watch DreamHack broadcasts every year. DreamHack events welcomed over 310,000 visitors in 2018. More information is available at dreamhack.com.
DreamHack is part of leading international digital entertainment group MTG. More information at mtg.com.