Nordic Field Marketing Manager
Posting Date: January 17, 2019
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Are you outgoing and have a great network in the Nordics? Do you want to create and execute local marketing and strategy plans with local activations, to raise awareness and drive ticket sales? We are looking for a driven Field Marketing Manager to DreamHack! We have a burning passion for esports and gaming, and if you do too we would love to see you apply.
What we want you to do
In the role as Nordic Field Marketing Manager, you will be based at the DreamHack HQ located in Stockholm, Sweden. We need your expertise in creating and executing a local field marketing plan, as well as being out on the field promoting DreamHack in the best way possible. In this role it is important to be proactive, driven, self-going and organized. You should also be creative and have a passion for connecting with and engaging the gaming community. This role includes a high level of responsibility and you will create and lead the marketing strategy in the Nordics.
To be a part of our team we believe that you are positive, ready to take on new challenges, assist with initiatives and work both in groups and independently. We will make sure that you will have a great time at work with awesome colleagues and great benefits.
Location: DreamHack HQ, Stockholm, Sweden
Type of employment: Full time
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include;
- Create and execute a local marketing and strategy plan focused on raising awareness and drive ticket sales.
- Recruit a team of ambassadors and volunteers to market nordic DreamHack events locally and regionally
- Responsible for initiating and executing local marketing activities such as (but not limited to);
- Working with high schools and universities
- Traditional media
- Regional and national event marketing
- Flyers and posters
- Calendars and event boards
- Local partnerships
- Community outreach and support
- Local influencer marketing (tournament/event organizers, top players, content creators and more)
- Managing and following up on a dedicated budget
- Document and report all marketing initiatives in both written form and pictures
- Gather and analyze ticket sales data
What we ask of you
To thrive and to be successful in this role, we believe that you are self-motivated, proactive and great at taking own initiatives and decisions, both on the strategic and operative level. You have a passion for gaming and DreamHack and can’t wait to take on this challenge!
We expect you to tick these boxes;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Marketing, Communications or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the work field
- Deep knowledge about and a burning passion for DreamHack and the gaming and esports industry
- Experience in managing activations at events and fairs
- Knowledge about and a great network in the Nordics as well as local gaming communities and players
- Creative, driven, outgoing and great at taking own initiatives and decisions
- Be able to manage your own time and plan your time efficiently to meet important deadlines
- Fluent in Swedish and English
What we can do for you
We work with cutting-edge technology and deliver great experiences for our audience and our partners. As the interest and the hype around esports and gaming really heating up it is always important for us to put you in a professional context and give you the best tools available, that for example includes 6 weeks of paid vacation, a generous health care program, pension, laptop, cellphone and much more.
We feel that our culture is modern with a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home. Gaming is in our DNA so expect a lot of opportunities to play games, even during work time!
We are eager to meet you, so email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line.
DreamHack is all about entertainment for the digital generation. Founded in 1994 as a BYOC LAN party, DreamHack grew over 20 years to a global phenomenon as the digital festival for today’s youth, hosted throughout Europe and North America. DreamHack festivals feature multiple esports competitions, live music, exhibitions, creative competitions, LAN party, cosplay and much more. DreamHack helped pioneer esports and continues to be one of the largest global producers of esports content. DreamHack esports broadcasts reached over 375 million views and DreamHack events welcomed over 250,000 visitors in 2017.
More information is available at dreamhack.com. DreamHack is part of leading international digital entertainment group MTG. More information at mtg.com.