Live Streams and Content Manager
Posting Date: April 18, 2019
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
DreamHack is now expanding and we are searching for part-time Live Streams and Content Manager. The Live Streams and Content Manager forms the connection between Broadcast Technolgy, Creative and Media Rights Sales to ensure that DreamHack delivers to our broadcasts and media partners. As such this person is the primary face of DreamHack towards stream and content partners for their questions regarding technical deliverables. This part-time job can be done remote, meaning you won’t be traveling to our live events and though not needed you are more than welcome to sit at our HQ office located in Stockholm, Sweden.
DreamHack founded 1994, is one of the oldest and most well-known gaming events in the world, having 3 consecutive world records as the World’s Largest Computer Festival in Guinness Book of World Records. Today, DreamHack is a global event- and esports company, with its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden and established events in 9 countries (Sweden, Spain, Germany, India, France, Canada, Brazil, Netherlands, and the USA). In the coming years, we’re looking to expand further and bring DreamHack to more countries and regions.
We have a burning passion for esports and gaming, and we’re looking to find more smart people from the event industry to join our organization.
What we want you to do
Type of employment: Paid part-time, approx. 80 hours per month.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include;
- Proactively communicate with all partners that DreamHack is obliged to send one or several streams to, most notably about:
- Scheduling Test streams
- Sending relevant documents and information to stream partners prior to an event (logos, background loops, schedules etc.).
- Ensure that the overview of which partners require which streams for which productions is up to date
- Manage the specific resources in the EU and NA that ensure DreamHack can deliver on all sold live streams. Most notably this means updating equipment documents in cooperations with TOMS about these specific items:
- Video Encoders
- Audio Embedders
- Hyperdeck Minis
- X32 Rack audio mixers
- Turn streams on and off and proactively be aware of start and stop times of streams
- Monitor the stability of streams whilst live and reach out to Technical Operations Managers if technical attention is required
- Review new deals from Sales to estimate if deliverables can be met with resources at hand. Escalate to Head of Broadcast tech if this is not the case.
- Archive all video content created by DreamHack in a structured manner. Ensure there is a unified structure amongst all DreamHack products.
- Manage the specific resources in the EU and NA that ensure DreamHack can archive all produced content properly. Most notably this means updating equipment documents in cooperations with TOMS about these specific items:
- Recording devices
- Data disks for recording
- Ensure that Technical Operations Managers and Producers that are on site will upload or otherwise deliver all relevant content
- Intermediate knowledge of video encoding and streams. The specifics of encoding processes is not needed, but especially knowledge of the stability of RTMP and TCP streams over different distances should be known.
- Capability and willingness to learn more about encoding and streaming. Learning to use the web interface of the Intinor Direkt Link and the AJA Helo is required.
- Prior knowledge and experience with working with these devices and programs is not required but is considered a large bonus:
- Blackmagic (ATEM 2M/E, Ursa Broadcast, Converters)
- Behringer X32
- Intinor Direkt Link
- AJA Helo
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Not required but good to know is if you are interested in, follow or play the following competitive eSports titles:
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- Dota 2
- Rocket League
- Fighting Games
- Fluent in English
We are eager to meet you, so email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line.
DreamHack is all about entertainment for the digital generation. Founded in 1994 as a BYOC LAN party, DreamHack grew over 20 years to a global phenomenon as the digital festival for today’s youth, hosted throughout Europe and North America. DreamHack festivals feature multiple esports competitions, live music, exhibitions, creative competitions, LAN party, cosplay and much more. DreamHack helped pioneer esports and continues to be one of the largest global producers of esports content. DreamHack esports broadcasts reached over 375 million views and DreamHack events welcomed over 250,000 visitors in 2017.
More information is available at dreamhack.com. DreamHack is part of leading international digital entertainment group MTG. More information at mtg.com.