Head of Event Operations & Logistics
Posting Date: February 19, 2019
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Are you experienced in the world of event planning, logistics and execution? Do you want to make a big impact on the world’s fastest-growing sport alongside a passionate team? We are looking for a Head of Event Operations & Logistics to join our team at DreamHack HQ. We have a burning passion for esports and gaming, and if you do too we would love to see you apply.
The Head of Event Operations & Logistics will manage the planning and execution of all DreamHack’s European festivals and events. You will drive the full life cycle of event operations, from early-stage development of budgeting and defining concepts, to event logistics to on-site event operations oversight and everything in between. You have an eye for details and are good at negotiating with vendors to deliver consistent quality. You will also collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders, from Creative and Marketing to Product. You’ll be a core part of the team looking to take DreamHack to the next level in one of the fastest growing industries on the planet.
What we want you to do
We want you to help DreamHack streamline our event operations to ensure higher quality, reliability and satisfaction for all of our stakeholders, including but not limited to our visitors, staff working on the events, sponsors and partners, and much more! We need a motivated and driven leader with a proven track record in the event space to join our team.
Location: DreamHack HQ, Stockholm, Sweden
Type of employment: Full time (with a 6-month probationary period)
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include;
- Lead and manage the team of staff that is responsible for DreamHack’s event operations and logistics
- Direct staff responsibility for all event managers and warehouse staff at DreamHack HQ
- Allocate and delegate tasks to direct reports, keeping in mind both high-quality delivery, workload and budget limitations
- Assist with product owners’ budget planning to ensure reasonable workloads for staff and recruit contractors as needed
- Develop workflows to streamline events and tournaments across DreamHack operations
- Have experience in event management and logistics to be able to advise staff on best practices
- 2 or more years of logistics and event management experience, or equivalent
- 2 years of directly managing a team of at least 3 staff
- Exceptional project management experience with proven methodology
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills
- Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities (does not get flustered by changes and last minute issues)
- Ability to be proactive and problem-solving, and able to delegate and oversee teams working independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across geography, function, and seniority
- Strong ability to supervise experienced vendors
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and integrity
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel and be abroad
- Fluent with Google Documents, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Fluent in English
What we can do for you
We work with cutting-edge technology and deliver great experiences for our audience and our partners. As the interest and the hype around esports and gaming really heating up it is always important for us to put you in a professional context and give you the best tools available, that for example includes 6 weeks of paid vacation, a generous health care program, pension, laptop, cellphone and much more.
We feel that our culture is modern with a relaxed atmosphere where we want everyone to feel at home.
We are eager to meet you, so email your CV and Coverletter to email@example.com with the Job Title in the subject line.
DreamHack is all about entertainment for the digital generation. Founded in 1994 as a BYOC LAN party, DreamHack grew over 20 years to a global phenomenon as the digital festival for today’s youth, hosted throughout Europe and North America. DreamHack festivals feature multiple esports competitions, live music, exhibitions, creative competitions, LAN party, cosplay and much more. DreamHack helped pioneer esports and continues to be one of the largest global producers of esports content. DreamHack esports broadcasts reached over 375 million views and DreamHack events welcomed over 250,000 visitors in 2017.
More information is available at dreamhack.com. DreamHack is part of leading international digital entertainment group MTG. More information at mtg.com.